Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas for Two

I wanted to write a Christmas song this year, and following the lead of greats like Irving Berlin, I figured that my Jewish heritage from Mom's side of the family, and the fact that I live in sunny L.A. gave me just the credentials I needed to write a good one... 2013 will be an important year for me, beginning with the birth of my first child in early March.  I'm currently experiencing all of the feelings I've heard that expecting fathers do, including overwhelming joy and anxiety, among many others. I decided to write about my impending fatherhood as the heart of this new song.  It's called 'Christmas for Two,' and it's about spending one last Christmas with Nikole as a family of two. Special thanks to Matty Alger for playing drums, Jacob Claret for the artwork and John Vanover for his contribution to the video.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment