Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dog Days

20120809-160329.jpg It is hot as hell outside...fortunately it stays pretty cool down here in my cave, even with no a.c. It usually gets hot in here by the end of the day, at which point I need to get outta here anyway....I'm happy to be in it today thinkin about new music and projects before I head to rehearse with the band. The great Brian Weaver will be joining us on bass this week.. Suddenly my August got very busy, as among other things, I'm finishing my Witzend residency, and playin in Ojai with Lissie next week, recording and writing for my new record, helping Foster Timms put a band together for his long-awaited CD release show opening for T&S co. at the Troubador on the 24th, playing some horn sessions, and trying to find time to spend with koley and go surfing once in a while. I hope everyone is having a great summer. It's going to be gone in the blink of an eye so enjoy the end of it! I always get a little sad this time of year...I can't wait to share the new recording of my tune 'permanent summertime' that's all about that feeling...here's a version from an acoustic rehearsal a few weeks back. great things are on the horizon -g

No comments:

Post a Comment